Root-Over-Rock Japanese Black Pine Kit
This bonsai kit comes with everything you will need to start a Japanese Black Pine on its way to being a great root-over-rock bonsai composition. Watch our video (below) and follow along step-by-step to ensure you create the composition of your dreams!
Kit includes the following:
- One stone collected by Eric specifically for use in pine Root-Over-Rock compositions. (Typically 5-7" in the largest dimension. Some are slightly smaller.)
- One Japanese Black Pine Tree, growing in a 3x9 Anderson Tree band. (normally a 2 year old tree.)
- One 6" Pond basket to use as the base container.
- Raffia Rope to attach the tree and rock together.
- Aluminum wire to wire the tree, and to connect the auxiliary container to the pond basket.
- A section of drainage mesh to use to make the auxiliary container. (use a spare 1-gallon plastic container or similar if you prefer to keep the mesh for another use.)
- Access to a recorded video session on creating RoR compositions.
- Soil to fill the pond basket.
To complete the composition you may also need the following tools and supplies which are not included in the kit:
- Wire cutters
- Extra Bonsai soil
Please Note: While we sell this kit throughout the year, we recommend that you only perform the procedure of attaching the pine to a rock during your repotting season. This is normally in early spring, after danger of freezing temperatures has passed, but before the tree has started to grow.